Being that next Friday is the 4th of July and I plan to be laying at the pool and (hopefully) BBQing with friends, I’ll be taking the day off from blogging. Below are five recipes to heat up your 4th of July barbecue.
1. Grilled Peppadews with Smoked Mozzarella: It’s no secret that peppadew peppers helped me steal M’s heart. I’m really hoping someone invites us over to grill out so I can give this recipe a shot. Plus it looks like it requires a mini cast iron pan which I wouldn’t mind adding picking up!
2. Chicken Ranch Burgers: I made these a few weeks ago and M has requested a repeat appearance twice since then. Make the patties a day or two ahead of time and pop them on the grill for your barbecue.
3. Corn & Chickpea Fiesta Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette: I made a huge bowl of this for a cookout last year and the bowl was licked clean by the end of the day. The combination of vegetables and the citrus dressing is suoer refreshing on a hot day in the sun.
4. Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings: I know I sound like a broken record touting the deliciousness of these. It’s bacon cooked on a grill. Trust me, there will not be leftovers.
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches: Is there anything more appropriate on the 4th than ice cream dripping down your arms? I don’t think so. These ice cream sandwiches sound like just the thing to cool off after a day of hitting the pool.
What are you making for the 4th?