I think Fall is my favorite season for fashion: lots of layers, boots, scarves, and jeans. I could live in jeans (with the exception of yoga pants, I pretty much do live in jeans). With the move coming, we’re not spending a lot of money on extras these days, but it’s still really fun to window shop. So for this Five for Friday, let’s do a little online shopping for Fall!
1. Boots! Confession: I did actually buy these boots, but for good reason. I’ve been trying to find new black boots for the last two years. During the Nordstrom sale, I ordered a pair of black and a pair of brown boots but neither were as comfortable or fit under jeans the way my now retired boots did. These have a high heel — perfect for this short girl — and the pointy toe works with both jeans and dresses. The calf is nice and tight so they slip easily under pants without causing weird bulges. I only wish they had them in brown too.
2. Drape-y tops. I love this one from South Moon Under (affectionately called SMU in our house). It’s perfect for date night, but still conservative enough to wear to a client meeting under a jacket.
3. Leather Jacket. I’ve wanted a leather jacket for a while, I just don’t think I’m cool enough to rock one. Fall and leather jackets go together so well, so I should probably just try it on and see how I feel.
4. A statement jewelry piece. I’m a sucker for a fun statement piece of jewelry (especially one that is on sale!) and this double hoop bracelet is definitely unlike anything I’ve seen before. Pair it with some earrings (I love these) and your outfit is nearly complete.
5. Stitch Fix! I’ve tried Stitch Fix a few times before with mixed results. Stitch Fix, if you are unfamiliar is a personal shopping service. You fill out a style profile, pay $20 (which is applied towards the cost of anything you keep) and then you receive a box in the mail of items that supposedly fit your style. Try them on, keep what you like, send back (for free) what you don’t. Lately, I’ve been seeing lots of bloggers Fixes, and it seems like they’ve gotten better at finding classic pieces that fit the style of the recipient. So, I’m giving it another go. My Fix will arrive October 8 and I’ll be sure and post my review on the blog.
What are you wearing this Fall?
This post does include affiliate links. Your price doesn’t change, I am compensated with a few cents for referring you. It helps me keep this blog running (and buy new clothes). Thank you for your support!