Fall is absolutely one of my favorite seasons. The air is crisp, Trader Joe’s is full of pumpkin everything* (including, according to my FSIL, pumpkin pop tarts), the leaves begin to change and, of course, Georgia football is on. It’s time to fire up the crock pot (or the oven) and try these five delicious sounding Fall recipes:
1. Apple Fritters — Battered rings of apple fried to perfection and dusted with powdered sugar? Yes, please.
2. Pumpkin Goat Cheese Fettuccine Alfredo — It’s not secret that I love pasta. This quick, creamy alfredo style pasta will definitely be making its way to my dinner table this Fall. Plus, it’s made from pumpkin so it’s healthy, right?
3. Slow Cooker Red and Green Chili — Fire up that slow cooker and put the chili on! I love making a big batch and eating it all week long. It’s one of those things that just gets better the longer it sits.
4. Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup — Soup and grilled sandwiches is such an easy go-to Fall meal. We do it at least once a month, and this soup is definitely something I can’t wait to try.
5. Fall Potpourri — I made batch of Christmas inspired stovetop potpourri over the holiday’s last year, and our house smelled amazing. This year I might do it in the crockpot so I can leave it on all day.
*Have you tried the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Kugel? Holy mackerel that stuff is good. Go get some, immediately. It’s in the frozen section next to the pies.