M and I are officially done with our JRINK Juicery 3-Day Reboot. You can read my review of the three days here, here and here. JRINK recommends a modified diet both before and after the reboot in order to help your body transition. Here’s a recap of how we’re transitioning back to “real” food. Hopefully this will help others doing a juice cleanse who wonder what to eat before and after:
Saturday Breakfast: Green Smoothie: 2 c. Kale, 1 c. coconut water, 1 slice of avocado, 1 banana, handful of frozen pineapple, 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds.
Saturday Lunch: MLT (Mushroom, Lettuce, Tomato) Salad: 1/2 diced cucumber; 1 tomato, diced; 2-3 cups arugula; 1 portobello mushroom, sliced and sauteed; thick slice of sprouted whole grain bread, cut into croutons and toasted in the oven; olive oil, lemon and fresh pepper for dressing.
Saturday Snack: Cava‘s brussel sprouts and mushrooms. Cucumber to dip in complimentary harissa.
Saturday Dinner: Farmer’s Market tomato, sliced; fresh basil; salt and pepper; olive oil and balsamic dressing.
Sunday Breakfast: Green juice
Sunday Brunch: Califlower and Leek Soup, House Salad from Domku (we were out with friends; they were out of the Wheatberry Salad which would also be a good choice)
Sunday Snack: Leftover Kate Bake’s Superfood Bar
Sunday Dinner: (Grilling out with friends) Grilled vegetable flatbread: eggplant, zucchini, pepper, asparagus, mushroom on top of a whole wheat flatbread spread with pesto, and topped with a little low-fat goat cheese and fresh arugula. Served with an arugula, celery, and parsley salad. (Recipe below.)
Monday Breakfast: Strawberry/Chia Seed Smoothie (purchased from Trader Joe’s since my blender broke!!!!!)
Monday Snack: Leftover Arugula Salad from above.
Monday Lunch: Grilled Vegetable Sandwich made with leftover vegetables from Sunday. Two slices of sprouted whole grain bread, one spread with mashed avocado mixed with lemon juice and salt and pepper; top with grilled vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, pepper, mushroom and asparagus); top with arugula and a few crumbles of goat cheese.
Monday Dinner (Cinco de Mayo!): Whole grain nachos with black beans, low fat cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce, avocado, ground turkey, and salsa. Cilantro lime cauliflower rice as a side.
- 3 cups celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup celery leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Combine celery, arugula, parsley, and chopped celery leaves in a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and kosher salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Drizzle juice mixture over celery mixture, and toss.
- Top with shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.