This is one of those “I don’t feel like cooking, we’ve spent too much this month to go out, and we need to eat meals.” It’s super easy to put together but tastes like you actually had to put some thought into cooking. Plus, it’s fast: 20 minutes tops, and that includes sipping on some wine while you are prepping it.
Preheat your oven to 450 while you assemble your ingredients. You’ll need 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 a red pepper (or a whole one, whatever you have), a few green onions, thyme (fresh or dried), paprika, olive oil and salt and pepper. You’ll also need peeled, deveined shrimp and red pepper flakes. Start by thinly slicing your lemon and pepper. Halve your green onion length-wise and cut into 1″ pieces.
In a small bowl, mix together pepper, lemon, green onion, 1 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy), a good teaspoon of thyme (or a few fresh thyme branches), and salt and pepper. Give it a toss. Spread the veggie mixture on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
Into the same bowl, add in your shrimp. Mine are tiny (it’s what was on sale), but you should really use large shrimp. Toss them with another 1 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of paprika and some more salt and pepper. If you are using large shrimp, you can add them to your veggies now and place the cookie sheet in the oven for 15 minutes. If your shrimp are on the smaller size like mine, get your veggies started in the oven and then add the shrimp closer to the 10-12 minute mark. You don’t want to over cook the shrimp.
Serve over rice, couscous, or your starch of choice. Easy, right?
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme, or 3 fresh sprigs
- 2 green onions, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2-3/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a small bowl, mix together pepper, lemon, green onion, 1 Tbsp of olive oil, red pepper flakes, thyme, and salt and pepper. Toss and then spread on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Into the same bowl, add in your shrimp. Toss with another 1 Tbsp of olive oil, paprika and some more salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pan with your veggies.
- Cook 12-15 minutes until shrimp are cooked through and peppers are tender.